Battlesuit Dev Diary #6Submitted by Earok on Mon, 02/20/2012 - 20:26
I didn't actually get to do much work at all on Battlesuit this week, infact I suspect I won't be for the next few months. Aside from the usual business, a side game project has popped up that, while I can't talk about it, I am quite proud of it as it's the first time I've deliberately made a game for a very special target audience.
So, just to keep up the habit of posting screenshots, here's an extremely rough, faked up screenshot showing how I imagine the Graphical User Interface. (Anthony - sorry for using your sketches!).
Apologies again for the GUI being laughably rough. Here's the low down:
- Top left is the Video Communication screen (graphic created in the Anime Face Generator)
- Top is the message window, which'll let you know useful stuff like there's a missile on your tail
- Top right is the Weapon selection and ammo screen
- Bottom right is the Target info window
- Bottom is the radar
- Bottom left is the Armour info window
As you can see, there may be Wing Commander influences there ;) I'm hoping the final version of the GUI will be functional, immersive but hopefully not too intrusive.